In many cases, organisations require just that little bit more information in order to confirm or negate a claim, or to pursue criminal or civil action. It may be as simple as an unrelated witness confirming that a business operated from an address or phone number, or more complex, involving the location of someone who has changed employee, got married and changed their names or moved to a new location.
Why you might require Litigation Assistance
Private practice lawyers, corporate in-house counsels and barristers often require Litigation Assistance on order to efficiently locate the further details required to review a prosecution case, or justify claims to an insurer. This service is particularly relevant where evidence has dissipated over time.
You may require litigation assistance in order to:
- Locate potential witnesses, suspects or victims
- Interview of witnesses, suspects or victims
- Locate, obtain and develop evidence such as rental receipts, photographs or vehicle identification
- Involve parties such as surveyors or psycholinguistic analysts to provide expert evidence to bolster or refute a case
- Review available evidence for completeness and consistency to support or refute a case
At Regents, we can locate individuals, probe for possible witnesses or suspects and discover previously overlooked evidence. We use a combination of investigative tools and techniques, as well as public and proprietary databases, background research, local field enquiries and telephone checks in order to locate the information required. Geography is no barrier where Litigation Assistance is concerned, with evidence and witnesses often being located even when they have moved overseas.
All Regents reports are confidential and we liaise directly with the instructing party to ensure legal privilege.
To discuss any Litigation concerns you may have on a confidential basis, email firstname.lastname@example.org.